Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy, or us
Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy of The Firs Priest Acre, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 1QB;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (I) employed by Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Elizabeth Schembri trading as? Lib's Aromatherapy and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.libsaromatherapy.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of this
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
Aromatherapy and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be
accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's
Aromatherapy is the “data controller”. This means that Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's
Aromatherapy determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
c. postal address;
d. date of birth;
f. IP address used to connect your computer to the internet (automatically collected);
h. e-mail address;
j. computer and connection information;
k. purchase history;
l. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
m. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
n. operating system (automatically collected);
o. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
r. product reviews;
t. personal profile;
6. We may also use software tools to measure and collect session information, including:
a. page response times;
b. length of visits to certain pages;
c. page interaction information;
d. methods used to browse away from the page;
How we collect Data
7. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
8. Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy will collect your Data in a number of ways,
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up and account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
9. Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy will receive Data about you from the following
f. Royal Mail;
g. Hermes UK.
Data that is received from publicly available third party sources
10. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third party sources:
f. Royal Mail;
Data that is collected automatically
11. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to
Website content and navigation, and included your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the
Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information
about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”
Our use of Data
12. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with
the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by
us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail.
Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
13. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate
interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances
(see the section headed “Your rights” below).
14. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an
opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft-opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously
engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a
particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under
“soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need
to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box
that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out
how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
15. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for
this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps,
at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
16. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers;
b. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of
personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to
perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
c. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website – to enable third
party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
17. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or
green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
18. We are certified to PCI DSS. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
19. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If
you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately
by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
20. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your
computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please
visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading
21. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our
request that the Data be deleted.
22. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory
23. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (I) copies of the information we hold about you at any
time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to
the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is
“manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse
your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit
the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our
24. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact
us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us,
you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is
the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their
website at https://ico.org.uk/.
26. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if
your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
27. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such
websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
28. Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy may, from time to time, expand or reduce our
business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Elizabeth
Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part
of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly
purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
29. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
30. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
31. This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. Elizabeth Schembri trading as
improve our range of products. Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy has carefully
chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at
32. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
33. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar
requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you
are enabling Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy to provide a better experience and
service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain
features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
34. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example,
cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make
use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move
around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works,
for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise
our content for you, greet you by name and remember you preferences (for example, your
choice of language or region).
35. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet
browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in
your internet browser.
37. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables
you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation
38. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the
help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about
adjusting your privacy settings.
39. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to
https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent
required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this
42. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will
be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
43. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales.
All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English
and Welsh courts.
as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be
immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy
policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Elizabeth Schembri trading as Lib's Aromatherapy by email at
04 February 2020
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
When viewing a mobile site (old mobile under m.domain.com) it will force the server to display the non-mobile version and avoid redirecting to the mobile site
Identifies logged in site members
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Used to distinguish users.
Used to distinguish users.
Used to throttle request rate. If Google Analytics is deployed via Google Tag Manager, this cookie will be named _dc_gtm_<property-id>.
Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.
Contains campaign related information for the user.
Used to throttle request rate.
Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
Used to store visitor-level custom variable data. This cookie is created when a developer uses the _setCustomVar method with a visitor level custom variable. This cookie was also used for the deprecate _setVar method. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
Used to determine a user's inclusion in an experiment.
Used to determine the expiry of experiments a user has been included in.
We use the following functionality cookies:
Identifies unique visitors and tracks a visitor's sessions on a site.
Indicates how a site was rendered.
Identifies logged in site members.
TSxxxxxxxx (where x is replaced with a random series of numbers and letters)
TSxxxxxxxx_d (where x is replaced with a random series of numbers and letters)